Investing in Our Shared Tomorrow
By stewarding our resources responsibly and sustainably
Our social compact is an intergenerational one. We have inherited a strong, prospering Singapore from previous generations. We will need to continue stewarding our limited resources sustainably, to deal with the challenges of today, and provide a strong foundation for the future.
Manage our limited land and environmental resources
• We will continue to recycle and refresh limited land resources through schemes, such as Voluntary Early Redevelopment Scheme, to respond to evolving needs.
• We will work with businesses and industry partners to move towards more sustainable business models and to seize opportunities in the low-carbon economy.
• We ask that all Singaporeans — including individuals, families and business owners — do their part to adopt more environmentally sustainable practices and work with us towards a more climate-resilient future.
Strengthen our food and water security
• We are investing in our infrastructure to meet future water demand and build resilience amidst the effects of climate change.
• On food, we will continue to diversify our food import sources, build our stockpiling capabilities and work closely with the agri-food industry to scale up local production.
• We ask that Singaporean consumers and businesses actively do their part to conserve water, and support our local agri-food industry by purchasing more local produce.
Uphold fiscal prudence and responsibility
• We will continue to manage our public finances responsibly, ensure sufficient revenues to cover our spending, and keep our fiscal system fair and progressive.
• We ask that all Singaporeans continue to think long term so we leave behind a Singapore that can continue to thrive for generations to come.